Wednesday, November 17, 2010

call me a dreamer while I'm on my adventure

I guess since it's 1:47 in the morning it is okay to post today's update now.
I know I won't have time to do it today, so it's now or never.
Why am I awake you might ask...
I had the flu all day [yesterday]
and literally slept pretty much ALL day
so now I am wide awake and ready to go!
...Great

Moving on...
Day twenty-four now.
A photograph of something that means a lot to you.
You know, this really should be simple.
But I really had to think about this one.
Which isn't easy at two in the morning, let me tell ya.
But once I figured it out, It was the obvious answer.
Ready?
Set?
Go.
Temples
I don't know if it was just being raised as the temple being a huge goal and future priority in my life
Or always living by a temple and seeing its beauty on a daily basis.
Or just the feeling you get when you are near it.
But man, who doesn't love the temple?
I will really miss living so close to a temple.
It'll definitely be pretty strange.
But I know I'm going there someday.
and I don't mean tomorrow when I go to Temple Square for probably the last time for a long, long, long time...
I may cry.

Today I am thankful that my parents raised me the way they did.
It's really been something on my mind the last couple of months.
I'm really so grateful.
I lucked out in the parent department.

I'll leave you with these wise words...
People get lost when they think of happiness as a destination. We're always thinking that someday we'll be happy. We'll get that car or that person in our lives that will fix everything. But happiness is a mood and it's a condition not a destination... it's not permanent. It comes and goes and that's okay. And I feel like if more people thought of it that way they'd find happiness more often.

Enjoy your day my little friends.
xo


No comments: