Thursday, October 3, 2013

blackbird signing in the dead of night, take these broken wings and learn to fly


Ever have those days where everything seems like a blur and it seems as though all you can do is try to successfully make it to the end of the day where you can finally crawl into bed in one piece, with your integrity still in tact and just pray that tomorrow things will seem more clear? I've had plenty of those days here lately. Life is funny sometimes, it can push pretty hard. If you're close to me, you know I've had a really tough last few months full of heart break, disappointment, betrayal and struggle. However, I am a big believer that with every negative comes a positive. Sometimes you have to seek that positive out, but it's there. I've learned a lot the last few months about myself, I've learned about trust and love and what a real friend is. More importantly, I have learned about who I want to be in life and that almost always our Heavenly Father has a plan for us that can sometimes differ from the plan we have for ourselves. I'm [slowly, but surely] learning to have more Faith in my Heavenly Father. Time to make some changes... big, big, big changes

Let's end this post with..... 

10.5 things that make me ridiculously happy, happy, happy
1. late nights on the couch watching catfish with my fun roommate 
2. walking the loop with nicole x2 -- which is going down later today
3. my thin, red curtains that illuminate my bedroom perfectly early in the morning 
4. that in one month i will finally be [or almost will be] an aunt to baby G (check out my sister and her cute pregnancy here. i am pretty sure she is the cutest pregnant woman to ever walk the earth.)
5. almost one more month until i am utah and california bound! 
6. scrubs..... i recently starting watching it on netflix. no wonder people love this show! though, i must admit, i sometimes sing the song "i don't want no scrub...." while watching. 90s kid problems? i think so.
7. fall weather. i would love it more though if my jeans didn't see their last days a few weeks ago. it's a good thing i love my sweat pants! 
8. nothing like a good pb&j sandwich 
9. a candle lit room
9.5 austin brady jensen 
10. relaxing the evening away after scrubbing down my apartment until it sparkles 

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Hi honey. Remember it's also important to have faith and trust in YOU!!
Love your post.....