Tuesday, July 17, 2012

happy happy happy

10 things that make me terribly happpy

1. midnight phone calls with my best fran kelly
2. conference this weekend that i've been putting together for the last 3 months (conference is a 2 day event in Wilmington for all NC YSAs...byyy the way)
3. the fact that this time next week conference will be over!
4. my calling as RS President. i feel so blessed. everyday it challenges me in new ways and i am constantly learning new things and bettering myself. it's hard work and a lot of responsibility  but i get more out of it than i could ever possibly put into it. 
5. peanut crackers!
6. being able to look back on something and realize why it had to happen, the lessons learned and all the personal growth. as my girl oprah would say... it's a full circle moment! 
7. the new movie, "the amazing spiderman" i am obsessed. i may have seen it already 3 times (and counting) in IMAX 3D (so good) but only maybe... i admit nothing.
8. nutella. when it's been a bad day, it's time to bring out the big guns. 
9. ifunny app... it keeps me thoroughly entertained and laughing myself to tears... usually at work, which can be awkward. 
9.5 new candles!! i am such a sucker for new candles. nothing like lying in bed at night, blogging, in a candle lit room. which yes, i am definitely doing right now. and it happens often. (well, maybe not the blogging part....)
10. i'm terribly happy that i am me. it doesn't matter how much someone can hurt me, the things taken away from me, no matter the amount of pain felt, at the end of the day, at the end of EVERY day, i am still me and everything that makes me me. that can't be changed, altered or discolored by anyone. i know who i am and who i want to be. my heart breaks for those who don't.

quote i heard the other day, fell in love with and am now living by it every second of every new day:
"Use your smile to change the world, don't let the world change your smile" 
how 
awesome
is
that?
(go ahead... read it one more time... let it sink in)

and on that note.....

1 comment:

Lisa Smith said...

Hey Lauren! Not sure if you remember my best friend Cheyenne, i think she stopped by your house a few times when i was there, but her brother produced that movie! His name is David Kalbeitzer. Just a fun factoid :)