Sunday, November 28, 2010

Wowza! What a long two days.
Friday afternoon we left to Utah for my Grandpa's viewing.
It went really well. He looked great, and handsome like always.
After the viewing we headed to dinner, Grandpa paid.
Which is exactly how he would've wanted it.
After dinner all the cousins headed over to my cousin Jamilyn's house to watch the Jazz game. Which of course was awesome.
This morning we got up early and headed to the church.
The funeral went really well. It was beautiful.
Grandpa did a great job planning it all out for us.
It was especially neat at the grave site.
My grandpa shares a gravestone with my grandma who died 20 years ago.
It was really special to see him buried next to my grandma and to know they are together again in body and in spirit.
The family at the grave site. McKell is wearing Grandpa's hat.

After the luncheon and rummaging through Grandpa's belongs, we headed back home to Idaho.
Then we all decided to try on Grandpa's clothes we kept.
It was great.
Mom said it was the strongest she has felt Grandpa since he died.
He was definitely there laughing his famous laugh with us.


McKell with Grandpa's "dress up" clothes

All in all, it was a really nice weekend filled with many emotions.
I will miss my grandpa everyday.
Words cannot express how much I love him. Now more than ever.
But I know he is with me everyday.
I'm so blessed to know that I get to see him again one day.



No comments: