Saturday, March 26, 2011

one of those days

aahh... so glad this weekend is over. 
It's been exhausting! 
I worked all day yesterday and it was definitely one of those days where absolutely nothing went right.
I took on an extra shift today out of the kindness of my heart and the emptiness of my wallet.
I decided to let today be a new day and go into it with a good attitude.
of course, that never works.
the assistant pro at the golf course I work at called me at 7:00 a.m... sweet right? especially when I didn't have to work until 11. 
Anyway-- he called me to tell me the register drawer was missing twenty dollars and since I closed the night before this was pretty much my fault. 
I tried to clear my head from the sleep I was still halfway in and we put our heads together to try to figure out what happened... 
I could tell he was about to ask me if I took the money for myself since it seemed to be the last option. I was growing so frustrated at this point and near tears because a) this was how I am beginning my "new" day  b) I would never even think about taking a penny let alone twenty dollars and c) I was half asleep and SO so so tired.
I asked him to please recount it.
He did.
and guess what? He miscounted. 
the drawer was even. EVEN! I tell you! 
He apologized and told me to get back to sleep for a couple hours.
yeah, thanks, Adam. 
But it's okay. Because when I got into work he had went out and bought me a liter of my favorite soda drink out here (Sundrop... obsessed. thanks Eric.) 
He felt really bad. but you give me sundrop and forgiveness is sure to follow (remember that. seriously.)
And then came the rain. boo. 
Adam headed out way early and left me to fend for myself in the pro shop... with no working internet, no phone service (stupid at&t) no book, no golfers, the golf channel and one huge thing of Sundrop. for 8 hours.
Hello slowest day of my life.... 
Yes. me at work. today. for lack of human interaction. 

How was that for a play by play?
goodnight world.

1 comment:

Krysten @ Why Girls Are Weird said...

Wow not cool, I would have been so mad!