Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Heaven knows that it's a crazy ride

It's no secret I have a huge crush on downtown Wilmington. I am so attached to it. No matter how crappy the day might have been or what my current mood is... EVERY time I go downtown all of that is forgotten, I can almost feel the load lift form my shoulders and I am instantly better. It's the best medicine, really. Why?? Well it is honestly beautiful down there and the atmosphere is rad. and I have a small obsession with the Cape Fear Memorial Bridge (shown in the photo behind me) But really... I think the true attachment with downtown is this: when my dad and I were here this summer, downtown is where we spent the majority of our time. I remember sitting downtown making the decision that I would move here in January. You could say downtown is what made me fall in love with Wilmington. AND... walking downtown always reminds me of my dad. It's true. Ask anyone that has ever been downtown with me. They will tell you we can't walk a minute without me blurting out a story of when my dad and I were on the loose downtown. In fact, whenever I miss my dad I always head on downtown. I love my dad. he's great. and downtown is our thing. and I can't wait for when he comes and visits so we can relive our fun! 


1 comment:

Courtney Kearns said...

cute. i love that you two had so much fun.